Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Happy New Year

Well, we entered 2009 almost as pleased with the ways of the world as Pier Angeli, seen here for no particular reason swinging from a tree in a party dress. When did photo ops stop being so much fun?

It was a lovely evening at the Villa Muscato, with a dozen or so friends, excellent food courtesy of Mr. Muscato (a genius in the kitchen), a little dog romping about eating far too much, and a great deal of laughter. We all agreed that while 2008 may not rank among the very worst of years, we're happy to see the back of it.

I know I harp on the advantages of la vie expat, but I have to say there is nothing more I like in the whole world than going to bed after a party and knowing that by the time I go downstairs in the morning, all will have been restored to tidiness and order. Household help: keeping lazy Americans overseas since at least the end of the Second World War, when everyone back home lost theirs.

1 comment:

  1. i think she was involved with james dean before his death.you know me muscato, i like to dish...

    ReplyDelete