Saturday, January 17, 2009

One More Birthday: First Lady

We've already had a load of birthday glamour today, but I can't close out without noting one woman whose birthday this year is likely being overshadowed by other august events.

In three days, Michelle Obama will be living at the White House. And our long national nightmare - of a glazed, dazed, and deeply uninteresting First Lady, in the person of Laura "Pickles" Bush - will be over.

It's her birthday, but we're getting the present. That's change I can believe in!

4 comments:

  1. "pickles!" i wish i'd thought of that! happy birthday mrs.obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care what anyone says, Michelle is fine by me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't claim Pickles (I think I picked it up from Gawker), but I do think it apropos, as is the divine Princess Sparklepony's moniker for her, Crazy Eyes...

    ReplyDelete